Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, RTF, or WordPerfect document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal.
- If submitting to a peer-reviewed section of the journal, the instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review have been followed.
- Graphic files are accepted if supplied as Tiff files (.tiff). High-quality printouts are needed for all figures. The minimum line weight for line art is 0.5 point for optimal printing. When a manuscript has been accepted, authors are required to obtain and provide to the editor all necessary permissions to reproduce in print and electronic form any copyrighted work, including art work.
- All manuscripts must include an abstract containing a maximum of 120 words typed on a separate page. After the abstract, supply up to five keywords or brief phrases.
- Authors of manuscripts describing research using human participants are required to comply with APA ethical standards in the treatment of human participants. Please provide full grant acknowledgment information in the final draft of accepted manuscripts.